Use of the Yoga hammock prop helps students and teachers alike find a different relationship to gravity, deepening your understanding of alignment and Prana flow.
The course is structured as both an Aerial Yoga Teacher Training program, and for use as Yoga teacher continuing education. You need never teach an Unnata Aerial Yoga class to benefit from participating in the Unnata Aerial Yoga Teacher Training course.
Aerial Yoga may be a new concept, but the science of Yoga is not. Michelle Dortignac can teach you how to use the Aerial Yoga hammock as a prop for your Yoga classes, how to avoid gimmickry, and how to maintain that juicy relaxed and rejuvenated feeling you’ve come to expect from truly great Yoga classes.
The reason we chose the Unnata program is because it remains a yoga course, designed around the hammock, not a number of tricks under the guise of yoga. The after-course support from both Michelle, and the other Unnata teachers has been amazing. We are proud to be a part of the Unnata family.
- – Carly Michelle Bowden and Julie Swart; Aerial Yoga South Africa; Johannesburg, South Africa
Value of the Course
Unnata Aerial Yoga has already been established as the leader for quality in this new field of “suspension training.” We invite you to join our pioneering community of innovative, fun, and sincere Yoga instructors.
This course teaches you not only what to do on the hammock, but also explains why you are doing it.
When you understand the reasoning behind why to use the hammock, your curiosity will be ignited and you can become your own guide for further inventions, even when unsupervised. Your Unnata Aerial Yoga class sequences will always be creative while helping your students continue to unfold on the path of self-discovery we lovingly call “Yoga”.
Michelle Dortignac shares valuable knowledge she has discovered over 20 years of practicing, and over 15 years of teaching Yoga, in addition to creativity from years of being an aerial acrobatic performer.
Michelle’s teacher training is experiential, creative and thoughtful. Her wealth of knowledge and professionalism gave me the confidence I needed to teach aerial yoga.
– Maureen Priest; MOYO Yoga Center; Skippack, PA
You will learn…
- Over 100 Aerial Asanas to start you off practicing and teaching, + an infinite number of Aerial Asanas from your own creativity and the creativity of all Unnata Aerial Yoga instructors around the world
- How to safely guide students in and out of positions
- How to assist students of all body types and abilities
- How to integrate the use of the hammock into the understanding of Yoga that you have already honed and perfected over the years
- How the Yoga hammock can easily teach students about the subtle energy bodies for a well-rounded Yoga practice
After Graduation from the Course
Unnata Yoga is not a franchise, but does use a limited license agreement in order to legally allow teachers to call themselves Unnata Aerial Yoga instructors. Highlights of the agreement include:
- The cost of the license for the first year is included in the price of tuition
- Optional renewal every year thereafter (no obligation)
- Low renewal price
- No royalty fees
- Your contact information easily found on the AerialYoga.com website
- On-going support from Unnata Aerial Yoga teachers community for whenever you have a question on safety, technique, Yoga business issues, hammock installation, etc.
Unnata Aerial Yoga has built a reputation on quality of Yoga instruction. In order to uphold established standards, and in order to be granted the limited license for teaching Unnata Aerial Yoga, you must take 100% of the training (no partial days allowed) and you must pass the final exam.
Please contact: Michelle@AerialYoga.com for any questions regarding the teacher training program or the limited license agreement.Teacher Training Dates and Locations »