Michelle Dortignac, founder of Unnata® Aerial Yoga, is an E-RYT 200 certified Yoga instructor of close to 20 years, while during most of those years also being a professional aerial acrobatics performer.
Michelle grew up in Colorado where she and her family spent a large part of their time in the Rocky Mountains hiking, camping, and contemplating the silence of nature. The athletic quality of Hatha Yoga is a natural outgrowth from those days, using strength, endurance and flexibility to seek an inner calm and peace.
In 1991, Michelle moved to NYC to study Dance and Yoga. The two practices became integrated for her. In 1998, she became certified to teach Vinyasa Yoga through the OM Yoga center, and began teaching at the center. In 2002, Michelle transitioned her Dance training from the floor to the air, learning the circus art form of Tissu/Silks. That same year, she left OM Yoga center, continuing to explore her unique vision of Aerial Dance and Yoga. She practiced at home, in Circus studios, and at the renowned Dharma Mittra Yoga center, culminating all her studies into this combined class — Unnata Aerial Yoga. Although the first classes were taught in January 2006, Unnata Aerial Yoga is an organic hybrid that has grown out of a lifetime of study on movement and meditation.
Classes with Michelle Dortignac
Michelle teaches weekly Unnata® Aerial Yoga classes at the Sacred Sounds Yoga center in New York, NY.
Additionally, she leads specialty workshops and teacher training courses around the world.
Here is her current schedule from May, 2015 through July, 2015:
Weekly Class Schedule
Sacred Sounds Yoga Center, New York, NY
163 Bleecker Street, 2nd Floor
- Tuesdays at 7:30pm and…
- Thursdays at 7:30pm (FREE Pranayama/Meditation Thursdays at 8:45pm)
Visit Sacred Sounds Yoga Schedule for more details.
Michelle will be teaching:
- May 5th
- June 4th – 30th
- July 2nd – 7th
- July 14th – 31st
Unnata Aerial Yoga Teacher Training Programs with Michelle
(More info about the Unnata Aerial Yoga Teacher Training program here)
- August 8 – 17 2015: Coquitlam, BC Canada
- October 2 – 12 2015: Mitaka City (Tokyo), Japan
- January/February 2016: New York, NY
- May 8, 2015, 18:00-19:30: Helsinki, Finland – Master Class: Soothing & Supported Unnata Aerial Yoga
- May 10, 2015, 17:30-19:00: Helsinki, Finland – Master Class: Unnata Aerial Yoga Backbends
- May 14, 2015, 18:00-19:30: Helsinki, Finland – Master Class: Unnata Aerial Yoga for Strength
- June 13, 2015, 2:00-4:30pm: Ramsey, NJ – Aerial Intensive Workshop
- July 10 – 12 2015: Nantucket, MA – Nantucket Yoga Festival
Private, semi-private, and private group classes can also be scheduled. Please contact: email@example.com for availability.